Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One thinks one is tracing the outline of the thing’s nature over and over again, and one is merely tracing around the frame through which we look at it.

Wittgenstein (PI§114)


Much of my critical project here at the Pangrammaticon is about the relationship between poetry and politics on the model of the relationship between philosophy and science. For some reason, this line of thinking has been bringing me down lately (how weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable seems to me all the usage of this world!). It may certainly have something to do with how things stand with both our scientific and political establishments. Or maybe there is something I've missed. In any case, I'm going to leave criticism alone again for awhile. Turn my attention to more (for me) pleasurable things.

No comments: